THIS PRODUCT COMBINES TWO KITS:
THE 510158 CHEVELLE CLASSIC UPDATE KIT(Retail $569)
KIT 510166 - EL CAMINO AND STATION WAGON ADD-ON KIT (Retail $49)
(It provides the necessary rear body wiring for 1964-1967 El Caminos and Chevelle station wagons.)
KIT 500981 INCLUDES:
1. Replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and a custom knob.
2. Standard turn signal and hazard flashers mounted on the fuse panel. A new horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
3. Fusebox designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
4. Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
5. Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1968-1969 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches
6. Under dash courtesy lamps for use in addition to your original dome/interior lighting.
7. Instrument Cluster wiring has a cluster harness disconnect system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. Connects into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, VDO and others.
8. Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location. Longer leads allow for stock/custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring has backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, stop and tail light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, terminals to mate with the license plate connection wire, side marker lead and ground wires with lamp sockets, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection.
9. New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
10. GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring (another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
11. Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and Tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM SI Odyssey Series 1nternally regulated alternators. GM CS series alternator adapter is available separately.
12. Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking and directional light connectors and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan.
13. Original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters ( Email us for information on how to wire up your Ammeter with this harness )